Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Notes on "Lord, I want to be Whole."

Step 2: Live in Obedience

This chapter starts by saying that Stormie would ask the Lord questions like:

When will I stop feeling like a failure?
When will I not be devastated by what other people say to me?
When will I ever stop viewing a hint of misfortune as the end of the world?
When will I be able to go through normal occurrences of life without being traumatized by them?

Do you find yourself asking the Lord or wondering to yourself any of these questions? I do, with a few of my own added.

When will I stop hurting about things I don't want to have effect me anymore?
When will I learn to trust again?
When will the fears, worries, and irrational thoughts that steal my joy (and the joy of my husband at times) go away?
Will I ever "get" it, will I ever be different?

Any of these sound familiar?

Then the answer came so simply...


Why do you call me Lord, Lord and not do the things which I say?

Luke 6:46


Blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it.
Luke 11:28

Obedience.



The next verses shows us that there is a link between obedience and the presence of God.


If anyone loves Me he will keep my word; and My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.
John 14:23

If anyone obeys His Word, God's love is truly made complete in him.
1 John 2:5


Disobedience to the Lord can not bring restoration.

One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.
Prov. 28:9


So if we are disobeying God in some way, how can we expect our prayers answered or for total restoration? We must fully die to ourselves and obey the word of God in its entirety. Not just the ares that are easy for us, or comfortable for us. We must fully obey. Like my husband says: "The bible is not like a build a bear, you don't get to pick and choose what you want." I like that!

If you are to obey there comes a deliverance and healing in you life. The bible says:

He who obeys instructions guards his life.
Prov. 19:16


There are many different ares of disobedience but in this chapter Stormie takes down a few that she believes is important to emotional health. That is what we will be looking at next.


Lord, I pray that I may be more obedient to your Word. I do not want to crumble every time I am shaken. I want to experience your Love and Presence but I know that in order to do that I must obey you so that there in nothing separating me from you. Please reveal in me anything that is unpleasing to you. Help me to obey. Thank you for all you've done and all you are doing in me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment