Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Notes on "Lord, I Want to be Whole"

Step 1: Release the past (continued)


Forgiveness is a choice...we do it out of obedience not because we "feel" like it. Choose to forgive because God's word says to forgive. Stormie makes reference to Luke 6:37 where it says to forgive and you will be forgiven, but if you start in verse 27 and read all through to verse 36, the entire passage pior to this verse is about Loving our enemies. Here are some notes from verses 27-36.


Bless those who curse you.
Pray for those who spitefully use you.
If someone strikes you on one cheek offer him the other.
As you want men to do to you, you do to
them.
If you love those that love you, what good is that?
Do not even sinners do that?
Same goes for doing good to those who do good to you.
Love your enemies, do good a
nd lend hoping for nothing in return.
Do that and your reward will be great and you will be sons of the Most High.
For he is kind to even the unthankful and evil.





Wow, that's a lot to take in, huh!






Something Stormie wrote that I really liked is that...

"Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right, it makes you free! You may feel like the abuse from your past has kept you from becoming all you were supposed to be. But it's really the unforgiveness that keeps you from becoming all that God made you to be."


This is so true! I can not begin to tell you how just trying to forgive one step at a time has started to emotionally free me and help me to finally get going on this path to a Proverbs 31 Women that God calls me to be. He really couldn't do much with me before. Not with bitterness, resentment, and anger being locked up in my heart. When I finally released it to the Lord, then and only then could He start to work. Sometimes the things you are having a hard time dealing with and forgiving end up becoming something that you do. You have to let it all go to God and allow Him to meet you where you are to begin the transformation. Forgiving yourself. Stormie writes that emotionally wounded people often feel guilty about not being what they think they should be. Sounds like you? It sounds like me. As hard as it is to forgive other it is even harder to forgive myself. With unforgiveness we can not release the past.




Isaiah 43:18-19
Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it?

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.



Lord, hear my pray, to love and forgive as you command me to. Continue to reveal to me ares of unforgiveness that may be hindering Your will in my life. Help me to become emotionally whole and the women you call me to be so that I may be testimony for You. I love you and thank you for forgiving me and loving me. I pray that I may forgive and love others as you have shown me.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment