Saturday, September 26, 2009

Desire for Joy.


It is so easy for us to not always see the joy in our lives. It is our sin nature to get caught up on what we don't have, what we don't like or what is unhappy about our circumstances, but that is not the way the Lord designed for us to live. We are to have joy in our hearts and songs of praise to Him. So how do we get that joy that we are supposed to have? How do we put a new song in our hearts while we may be in the mist of sadness or pain? By making Davids cry in Psalms 51 our cry.


8 Make me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
9 Hide Your face from my sins,

And blot out all my iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,

And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
(Psalm 51:8-11, New King James Version)



Lets ask the Lord to open our eyes that we may see His wonderous things (Psalm 119:18). One way to see His wonderous ways, restore joy and to have a new song placed in our hearts is to get into the Word of God. As I was reading and doing my study suddenly a song was placed in my heart.



Show me Your way.

"Show me Your way Lord, that I may walk with you.
Show me Your way Lord, I put my trust in You.
The cry of my heart is to Love you more, to live with the touch of your hand.
Stronger each day, show me your ways."



Be encouraged in the Psalm 30:5

5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5, New King James Version)


There may be something in your life that is robbing you of your joy. Maybe your wanting that promotion at work, or a house, or a husband, or maybe a family. Whatever it is trust me, someone not so patient and someone who has allowed my joy to be taken, don't be discouraged. Trust in the Lord and ask Him to make His face shine down upon You. To give you peace and joy as you wait upon Him.

14 Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD! (Psalm 27:14, New King James Version)



Lord, I cry out to you! Open my eyes, Lord, that I may see You and the path You have for me. Help me not to rob myself of Your joy for me. Place a new song in my heart that I may sing praises to You all the day. You are good to me, may I never forget that above all, You died for me. What else can I possible need or desire other then You. Forgive me and restore me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment